Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Birthday

Earlier I had written about how the darling husband did not seem to be aware of my birthday.  I felt silly and maybe a bit selfish.

Today, the day after my birthday, I am quite happy about it all.

I am on a couple of social networking sites and was overwhelmed by birthday wishes!  What great friends I have!

Last week-end, we went to a party out of town in a fabulous lake house.  Our friend is in the trash business and it must be a pretty good business!  It was not a party for me, but a housewarming party.  I had a nice time just the same.

I received a sewing machine for my present.  My darling husband came through!  This is a pretty big present for me!  It embroiders, but is for beginners, as I wrote in yesterday’s blog.

We are going to do more celebrating tomorrow, Veteran’s Day, because we are off work. 

So the birthday is still going on.  I am getting old, but still love to celebrate my birthday!  Heck, it beats the alternative!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday!

    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday! Glad you enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete